When Passion Pays
1. What is the start-up story behind Dreamseller Brand?
Dreamseller Brand started in the early 2014 with a dream and passion that I had back when I was 15 in 2007 but back then I don’t have any skills and resources to start a brand.
So, fast forward in 2014 when I was just starting my bachelor degree studies in a business school, I took the chance and used all my student loan to start a brand about the concept that I love (occult & supernatural), never look back and now we’re here.
2. Dreamseller, What are three words that best define it?
– Positivity beyond negativity
3. What are you working on lately?
Currently, we working on our latest collection called “Beyond Theurgy” and we try to experiment with different style of design that still suited with our concept for each release so that we have more variety looks for our products.
4. What are some recent achievements you guys would like to share?
Our recent achievements recently would be where we managed to enter new market outside of Malaysia and launched our worldwide delivery system.
Many peoples had been hitting us to tell that they love our stuff and now we manage to send it to them all over the world.
5. What’s something that’s always running on your minds?
What’s my new design and products gonna be and how to keep moving the brand forward.
It’s like I never stop working, mentally haha
6. How do you spend your downtime?
Usually either watching movies or playing video games. Nothing too fancy.
7. What would you guys spend a million dollars on?
Definitely spend it foods hahaha no, jk, maybe. No, I will definitely put it into the brand, to make it grow bigger and of course, a little bit for my family.
8. What three pieces of advice would you all give to others when it comes to life and business?
– Never give up on your passions and goals even when others did
– Don’t waste your life in things that you’re not happy with
– Make sure to find the balance between those two and you will stay happy even if you miserable, if that makes any sense
9. What’s one thing you struggle most when building your own brand?
To educate people about our content because people always scared what they don’t understand. They always thought our content are too extreme and it took a lot of effort to educate them that our stuff have positive message within.
10. What have been some of your failures, and what have you learned from them?
At the start of this journey, I don’t really have any knowledge and experience in this industry so I had to learn while on the job about our printing manufacturers and the type of productions which cause us a lot of time and money. But eventually I learned what’s good and what’s not and got back on to the right track.
11. What’s a typical day in your life like?
Wake up, working on the brand, go to bed and repeat. When it’s your passion, you want to go 24/7
12. What’s one of the highlighting moment in your career? Why is it so?
Damn, there are few great moments in my career and one of em are when we got the chance to join Malaysia’s Biggest Rock Festival, Rock The World and that’s one of the time where we grew our business and gain a lot of new supporters.
Warped Tour & Agenda, you’re next. Haha
13. What stops you from throwing in the towel and giving up during those frustrating days of being in this industry?
That towel could be heavy, we don’t know that. Haha, this may sounds cliché but passion is what makes us keep going daily, through up and downs of this industry. I never want to give up and just keep doing this until my last breath.
14. Biggest risk ever taken?
Definitely at the beginning of this business where I ‘gamble’ all my student’s loan
15. Who has influenced you most and been your greatest inspiration?
My family and life partner. They always support me in what I do, it really inspire me to do better for them.
16. How do you go about marketing your business or yourself? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
In this modern age, definitely social medias are my ultimate marketing tools and for now Instagram is my main one.
I always like to connect and tell stories to my supporters and make it feels like it’s not just my brand but our brand together, as a whole. As one huge cult.
17. How do you plan to grow your brand/business further?
Always learn on the job and just do it. There will be no perfect time if I just wait for it. So to grow means you need to make mistake and see from there, what works and what’s not.
Time by time, you’ll get back on the right track and from there success will come right behind you. That’s how I expand my brand from a small scale brand funded by student loans and now we already entering our 4th years and heading to a much more bigger things.
18. Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most?
I love The Hundreds & Drop Dead Clothing. They know how to put stories in their brands and how they evolve from a small brand to the biggest brands that we know today.
19. How do you achieve balance in your life?
Just gotta learn how to walk away from your workstation and keep focus at whatever you do. I may never stop thinking about my work but when I spend time doing other things, I will focus doing it so I can enjoy the moment and keep my mind refresh.
20. What is the definition of success for you all, and how much of it do you think you guys have achieved?
Success could be subjective but for me, in this area is when you get the chance to do something you love and not just for fun but also as your main source of income, I can say that’s a pretty successful life and I’m heading there to that life.
21. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
I can’t even see myself tomorrow but within that period, I hope for Dreamseller Brand to become one of the top streetwear brand in South East Asia or all over Asia or even in the world if I may and definitely, hoping to collaborate with the brands that I love like Supreme, The Hundreds, Drop Dead and many more.
22. What’s the first thing you guys would say to the world if all attention was on you now?
Do what you love, stop the hate, spread some positivity and definitely check out Dreamseller Brand and you will realize there’s no other brand like us. Oh, and spread this message around. Thank you.
Connect with Dreamseller Brand
Facebook: Dreamseller Brand